Форум по теме охота,рыбалка,спорт,кладоискательство,антиквариат,оружие,армия,политика,кино,наука,музыка,танцы,рукоделие,компьютеры,общение
http://uvlecheniehobby.ru-лучший сайт по хобби,охота,рыбалка,спорт,армия,оружие,антиквариат,кладопоиск,нумизматика,общение,встречи,политика,новости,купля-продажа,наука,образование,культура,компьютеры,электроника и многое другое.
Профессиональный ведический астролог Лесное Рейки тарошаман Твой профессиональный успех моаср Юнг слционика Болаяра Философия и психология жизни Алла Балановская спецгост

html clock code часы html на сайт

www.uvlecheniehobby.ru$5387$5387Сколько стоит ваш?

Metal Detectors I Have Used and Currently Use

Forum in English -Search treasure metal detectors in the US and Europe

Модератор: Золотунчик

Сообщение admin » 17 дек 2016, 13:18

Metal Detectors I Have Used and Currently Use, page 1

Detailed Metal Detector Illustrated Reviews for Some Popular Detectors
[AD]
The following pages include my detailed reviews, operational tips and pictures of finds related to metal detectors that I currently use - XP Deus (doubled) and Pulse Star II Pro, and seven other metal detectors that I used earlier in my metal detecting pursuits. Some of them have been very popular in the US and worldwide over past 20 years.

� Tesoro Cortes - page 1
� Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II - page 2
� White's Spectrum XLT - page 3
� Minelab Explorer II - page 4
� Garrett Ace 250 - page 5
� Minelab E-Trac - page 6
� Pulse Star II Pro - page 7
� XP GoldMaxx Power - page 8
� XP Deus v2.0 - page 10

TESORO CORTES Never Fails To Find a "Keeper"!
When I won a Tesoro Cortes at the C.A.S.H. Bash Competition Hunt in 2001, I had already been using the Minelab Explorer XS metal detector (detector de metal) for a year and become a fan of the Explorer. Nevertheless, when I took the Cortes to some of my "tough" sites, places where iron junk was in abundance and 99% of good "signals" had been dug out, I was surprised by the Cortes' performance.

I have kept the Tesoro Cortes all these years, and it has been my back-up metal detector for Relic Hunting until recently when I began using the XP Deus. The Deus is suitable for both coin shooting and relic hunting, and rightfully became my primary metal detector. But the Cortes is still used by my relatives and friends who do not possess metal detectors but want to try their luck in treasure hunting sometimes.

I used the Tesoro as a relic hunting detector because of its "love" for iron targets. The Cortes allowed me to hear difference between the small- and large-nail audio signals! But the Cortes found lots of coins as well and always responded to them with a nice solid "pop" signal which could not be confused with a coin-like signal produced by a rusty iron target.

Tesoro CortesThis machine was easy to operate, and turning knobs allowed me to change settings fast "on the fly". Its light weight made it possible to metal detect for hours without fatigue: with the Cortes, I could hunt for straight 12 hours without getting exhausted or "loosing" my arm. It was also an optimal machine for Competition Hunts.

I did not have to modify machine's body as it was originally made durable and balanced. The only addition I made to it was winding a rubber strap around the handle for a better grip.

The only drawback I could think of in the Cortes' design was the Sensitivity knob's emplacement on a control panel: it was too close to the right, and I hit it with my hand while putting the detector down on the ground or picking it up. The Sensitivity knob should be placed at different location or redesigned.

Cortes definitely was not designed for the wet sand ocean beaches. I tried to use it on the Atlantic ocean beach once but was "overwhelmed" by numerous false signals, and had to switch to my Minelab FBS metal detector. It seemed to me that "salt pockets" in wet sand were knocking the Cortes' ground balance completely out.

Уменьшенное фото

The following are the Cortes' characteristics that I liked a lot: 1) the distinctive sound of a good target signal, 2) ability to give a sound characteristic of an iron target, i.e. one can hear the difference between the small square nail and large square nail signals, 3) easy-to-read digital display, 4) instant switch to All Metal Mode, and 5) Manual Ground Balance for dealing with difficult soils.

Cortes' audio allowed me to "hear" the curves and shapes of rusty iron targets! At some hunted out sites which were littered with iron junk, I managed to "squeeze out" a variety of nice iron relics.

Vintage Iron Picture Frame Found with Tesoro Cortes
Vintage Iron Picture Frame Found with Tesoro Cortes

And when the Cortes detects a coin or round shape non-ferrous target, one hears a distinctive "bang" in audio response. At this instance, one's decision to dig up the target is made without even looking at the target's VDI number. And this greatly increases the time efficiency in the fields.

Overall, the Cortes is a reliable land machine that "likes" iron and, therefore, is efficient for Relic Hunting. The Cortes was definitely a great metal detector of its time! And finally, the Tesoro's LIFETIME WARRANTY for their metal detectors still remains unmatched!

You can find Features and Specifications of Tesoro Cortes and read other users' reviews here.

My Mom Found a Hammered Silver Coin with Tesoro Cortes
Уменьшенное фото

За ВДВ...
admin
Администратор

Сообщение admin » 17 дек 2016, 13:25

GARRETT GRAND MASTER HUNTER CX-II - My Short Review

Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II was my first machine that allowed me to learn all basics of metal detecting fast. Especially I should mention this machine's ability in producing a descriptive sound pattern for each particular target, i.e. the individual sound end-pattern of a target's signal would allow me to determine the target's shape. The machine could be also used for Cache Hunting as it could be easily transformed into a 2-Box Deep Seeker by attaching two large rectangular search coils on each end of the handle assembly.
Outdated and bad metal, bad separates ferrous metals and iron, but looking deeply coins.
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II Metal Detector
Изображение
Back in 1993, the Internet did not exist yet, and there were no books on treasure hunting readily available at any library. One could get little bits of information through subscribed hobby magazines or from someone who happened to use a metal detector (detector de metal) occasionally for fun. The only way to attain the Know-How in metal detecting was through one's own "hands-on" experience, creative thinking and experimenting.

In one year of painful learning through trial and error, I finally developed my own search style and basic treasure hunting skills. All thanks go to Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II! I have to mention the importance of creating and using my own Test Garden which certainly sped up my learning process.

Later I taught my close friends Rachael and David how to use the Garrett CX-II so that they could join me in coin shooting and have metal detecting fun. Both of them quickly mastered the Garrett and did very well in detecting coins.

Barber Quarters Found with Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II in Upstate New York
Barber Quarters Found with Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II

[AD]
Rachael with Garret CX-II in Catskill Mountains, Season of 1996
Rachael with Garret CX-II in Catskill Mountains

Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II was a simple and old-fashioned gage-metered machine. Its cumbersome design was the only flaw I could name back then. Of course, I cannot imagine metal detecting with this machine now, but I give this detector my respect for being a fine treasure hunting instrument in its time 20 years ago.

You can find Features and Specifications of Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-II and read other users' reviews here.
За ВДВ...
admin
Администратор

Re: Metal Detectors I Have Used and Currently Use

Сообщение admin » 17 дек 2016, 13:31

WHITE'S XLT e-Series Metal Detector: Excellent Performance - My Review & Tips

Уменьшенное фото

White's Spectrum XLTIn 1994, I upgraded to the next level of technology - bought the White's Spectrum XLT metal detector (detector de metal) and used it with a great success for seven years.

Sometimes I feel nostalgic for the XLT's durability, versatility, light weight, awesome pin-pointing ability, excellent Tone ID and superb performance.

While operating in Tone-ID, I did not have to look at the screen to check target VDI (Visual Display Indication) numbers because I could determine the target's metal content and target's shape by the signal's tone pitch and sound characteristic respectfully. I only looked at the display screen when I needed to see the depth reading.

If I used the Modulation mode, I would not have to check the visual depth read-out either because I could determine the target's depth by the signal's amplitude. So the XLT's excellent audio was giving me enough target ID information for making my decision - whether or not to dig up the target. But usually I was metal detecting at the sites that did not contain any modern junk, so I dug up every target with a signal sounding "above the iron nail."

Spectrum XLT was a suitable machine for those who liked experimenting with different combinations of settings - a wide range of them! The XLT's flexibility in adjusting to any soil conditions definitely made this detector a multi-purpose land machine!

When I got this machine, I had already had my own Test Garden "growing" - all targets that I "seeded" some time earlier had developed Halo Effects around them. I used my test garden for experimenting with different program settings and finally developed optimal programs for various search conditions. For metal detecting Coin and Jewelry with White's XLT, see My Search Program Settings for White's XLT E-Series.

I had a chance to test my White's detector on the toughest red soils - soils saturated with iron oxides, in South America, and XLT successfully passed the test. XLT produced a variety of remarkable finds during Coin Shooting and Relic Hunting outings in the Andes mountains in Chile, and Beach Combing for jewelry at the Pacific Ocean wet salt beaches.

Gold Religious Medallion Found with White's XLT on Pacific Ocean Beach in Chile
Gold Religious Church Medallion Found with White's XLT on Pacific Ocean Beach

One of XLT's wonderful advantages was the increase of detection range - detector's sensitivity to deep targets, when the sweep speed (speed of a search coil's motion) was also increased. With fast coil swinging, not only I could recover the deepest coins, but also cover a vast area in one detecting session. While cache hunting in Upstate New York, I could easily explore one colonial homestead site in one day.

[AD]
Spectrum XLT and XLT E-Series detectors has been the most suitable for Meteorite Hunting because of their features such as S.A.T. (Self-Adjusted Threshold) control and V.D.I. with Conductivity values displayed. And the XLT was also great for competition hunts because of its light weight and excellent pinpointing.

Of course, like any metal detector, the White's XLT had some drawbacks. The most inconvenient of them was the XLT's weakness against moisture. Every time it was raining, I had to cover both the control box and display with zip-lock plastic bags, otherwise the detector would malfunction or stop working completely.

Another drawback was that the XLT would produce a cacophony of false signals while moving the search coil through the tall wet grass. Even taking the battery out without turning the machine off did not help. The only solution was to stop detecting, place the search coil on a "clean" spot, and wait a few minutes while keeping the machine turned on. After the microprocessor "rested" a little and did not accumulate any additional data, it reset itself and came back to normal. This situation did not occurred often and was probably caused by improper setting of Sensitivity and Gain.

Also the open-center stock search coil would not detect the coins positioned in the hole's sidewall or lying close to the edge of the hole. If I had a good solid signal and, after digging the hole, I lost it, I had to take more dirt out of the hole and around it, spread the dirt evenly on the flat surface or a piece of ground cloth (bandana), and scan it again. Most of the time, I used an 8-inch search coil or a "sniper" 5-inch coil while coin shooting around cellar holes.

My White's XLT with a "Sniper" Coil in 1997
Metal Detect with White's Spectrum XLT and 'Sniper' 5-inch Search Coil

Not to end this article on a negative note, I would like to add that the White's XLT still can be a strong rival to the new White's Spectra Vision V³. Last December, I had a chance to use the White's XLT again while metal detecting next to my old friend who used White's Spectra Vision V3. We were searching a small spot in the field where the 16th century dwelling used to be. I "armed" the XLT I was using with my old search program mentioned above.

To my surprise, at the end of our hunt, my friend and I scored even in a number of finds! Not only the numbers of our finds were equal, each of us had identical finds: five copper coins, one silver hammered coin, one pectoral crucifix and a bronze signet ring! I truly expected to see more finds made with White's Spectra V³, but it did not perform any better than the old good Spectrum XLT. So if you have been successfully using the White's XLT, KEEP IT! One friend of mine, a real die-hard fan of the White's Spectrum XLT, still uses it with great success and would not exchange it for anything!
За ВДВ...
admin
Администратор

Сообщение admin » 17 дек 2016, 13:35

MINELAB EXPLORER II & SE Pro Metal Detectors - My Short Reviews

Minelab Explorer SEMinelab Explorer XS and Explorer II metal detectors were my primary machines for Cache Hunting, Coin Shooting and Relic Hunting for eight years because of their revolutionary Smartfind 2-Dimentional Discrimination and 28 Simultaneous Operating Frequencies (from Super Deep 1.5kHz to Ultra Sensitive 100kHz) of Full Band Spectrum (FBS) system.

No need to do complicated programming or frequent Ground Balance readjustments, simply Switch On and Go! Advanced Mode allows a treasure hunter to adjust the detector for any metal detecting conditions. Out of all Minelab Explorers, Explorer II definitely has the best electronics. I only wish it had a better physical body design (see My Reinforcement of the Minelab Explorer's Body).

Though, the Explorer II's body was designed to be more durable than the body of Explorer XS, I reinforced it anyway just to be on a safe side, and modified a similar body of the E-Trac - the Explorer's successor, the same way.

Уменьшенное фото

Minelab Explorer II also differs from Explorer XS by a larger 1/4" phone jack and use of the Dual Coordinate Digital Display which allows a metaldetectorist to see a digital read-out of both the target's Conductivity and Ferrous content at the same time.

I used Explorer XS from 2000 to 2005 and I used Explorer II from 2005 to 2009. With both machines, I have recovered many "goodies" including many nice relics even at the "hammered out" sites.

I used the Minelab Explorer SE for a short while and did not like its performance comparing it to the Explorer II's. Something was not quite right with SE's electronics or its search coil, no matter what settings I used, even though that detector was just out of box. I heard similar complains from other users of Minelab Explorer SE, which made me think that whatever electronic modifications were incorporated into the SE's circuit, the detector's performance was not improved, on the contrary it was the opposite.

Introduced with the Minelab Explorer XS in 2000, the revolutionary FBS technology was later inherited by the E-Trac and now, in a form of new upgraded FBS 2, is still incorporated in the Minelab CTX 3030.
Изображение
За ВДВ...
admin
Администратор

Re: Metal Detectors I Have Used and Currently Use

Сообщение admin » 17 дек 2016, 13:45

GARRETT ACE 250: Excellent Performance at Nomadic Camp Site - My Short Review

Изображение
Garrett Ace 250 Metal DetectorGarrett Ace 250 was once lent to me by my relic hunting buddy during our outing at the nomadic camp site. That was the only time I used Ace 250, and that was an interesting experience to me.

The site was not littered with modern iron junk, and all targets, whether they were iron or non-ferrous, dated back to the 8th century. The mineral content of soil was low. So the metal detecting conditions were "one click down" from IDEAL!

The only inconvenience was the thick grass of a medium height which would reduce the detector's operational depth range. But that was compensated by the large diameter search coil I used with my buddy's Ace 250. It took me and my female companion Galina less than five minutes to learn how to use it (well, with my experience...).

Galina Is Metal Detecting On Her Own
Metal Detect with Garrett Ace-250

Operating this metal detector was a "piece of cake" because of the dual-tone audio identification: low-pitched tone for iron, and high-pitched tone for everything else. Such simple audio Target ID was sufficient enough for this site and very easy to deal with.

The targets were not buried too deep, and every target was a valuable "keeper", so we did not have to waste time on deciding whether or not to dig up the target: when a high-pitched tone signal was received, we dug up a nice relic and quickly moved on to the next target. Nothing could be easier than that!

Detecting with Garrett Ace 250

Unfortunately we had only two hours of daylight left for our metal detecting fun at this site. Whether it was for my competitive mood or the simplicity of Garrett Ace 250 or a single "hot" spot my companion and I hit right away, but we scored the highest number of finds and left our four colleagues way behind. My female companion had never metal detected before this day, nevertheless, with Garrett Ace 250, she managed to recover more finds than the guys with the multi-frequency detectors!

Medieval Relics Recovered with Garrett Ace 250

Detecting conditions at the site were certainly favorable for the Ace 250. Yes, it beat the FBS metal detectors in number of finds, but I cannot say that the Ace 250 would perform the same way under adverse metal detecting conditions. However, I can say for sure that the Garrett Ace 250 is an excellent machine for a beginner!
За ВДВ...
admin
Администратор

Вернуться в metal detectors treasure hunt in the US and Europe